Search Qualified Charitable Distribution Custodians:
|IRA web page|
Notify us of your IRA charitable rollover
If you check the box in this area, a module will open where you can enter your name and email to notify us of your Qualified Charitable Distribution gift.
Thank you for considering an IRA charitable rollover gift to us. The website link will take you to your IRA custodian's website, where you may be able to log in and make a gift to Moody Bible Institute. Another option is to use the phone number to call your IRA custodian. They will assist you in making an IRA charitable rollover gift. If you would like to notify us of your generous IRA charitable rollover, please complete the Notify us of your IRA charitable rollover section.
Please note this is a time sensitive transaction. If the IRA charitable rollover is intended to satisfy your required minimum distribution for the current year, verify with your custodian that this transaction will be completed prior to December 31. If the transaction is not completed prior to December 31, you may be subject to penalties if you have not satisfied your required minimum distribution.
|Your Address (Street or P.O. Box)|
|Notify us of your IRA charitable rollover|
|Thank you for considering a IRA gift to us. A sample letter is available to send to your DAF provider. You may save and print the PDF of your letter. If you have email contact information for your DAF provider, you may send a PDF copy of your DAF letter or you may copy and paste the text into an email. You will need to enter the amount of your recommended grant and your DAF account number on the letter before mailing. If you would like to notify us of your generous gift, please complete the Notify us of your DAF Gift section.|
IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution
A Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD), also known as a Charitable IRA Rollover, allows individuals 70 ½ and older to make a sizable gift from an individual retirement account (IRA) to Moody Bible Institute AND receive significant tax benefits in return.
Benefits of A QCD May Include:
- Counts toward your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year.
- Charitable distributions reduce your taxable income. Advantageous even if you don't itemize deductions on your tax returns!
- Gifts are tax-free to the charity so your entire gift will go to Moody Bible Institute!
- Gifts from your IRA can be used to fulfill prior charitable giving pledges.
Requirements to Gift A Qualified Charitable Distribution
To make a charitable gift to Moody Bible Institute from your IRA, please consider the following:
- IRA holder must be age 70 ½ or older at the time of the gift.
- Give up to $100,000 per year as a single person or $200,000 per year as a married couple from separate accounts.
- Gifts must be outright gifts to Moody Bible Institute for which the donor receives no benefits.
- Distributions to donor-advised funds, charitable trusts, or for charitable gift annuities are not permissible.
- Distributions may only be made from traditional IRAs or Roth IRAs; other retirement accounts are not eligible.
- There is no federal income realized and no income tax deduction for the donor (unless made from documented after-tax contributions to the IRA).
- Some states treat an IRA QCD like a withdrawal for state tax purposes, but this varies from state to state.
How to make A Charitable Gift From Your IRA
Simply contact your IRA plan administrator, and inform them you want to make a charitable gift. They will provide you with the forms required to do so or you may use our simple IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution Request Form. Some IRA plan administrators have simplified the process even further, providing individuals with checks you can write out for qualified charitable distributions directly from your account.
FUND A CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITY
Due to the Secure Act 2.0 each individual can now use up to $50,000 from their IRA to fund a Charitable Gift Annuity. Each person can use their QCD to fund a CGA during one calendar year in their lifetime. This unique opportunity enables you to secure an income stream for life while giving to the ministries at MBI.
It may be that an estate gift from an IRA to Moody (at the IRA account owner's passing) may be more appropriate for those donors who do not have sufficient assets to comfortably consider a lifetime charitable IRA rollover. This can be done by naming Moody Bible Institute as a beneficiary of the IRA on the beneficiary designation form available from the IRA's custodian. No estate or income taxes will be due on the gift to Moody.
Please speak with your financial advisor to determine if an IRA Charitable Distribution gift now or naming Moody as a beneficiary of your IRA for a future Legacy gift may be a good fit for you and your charitable goals.
Gifts from your IRA
If you are 70½ or older, you can use your IRA to fulfill your charitable goals. You can use the "Make a Gift From My IRA" tool to contact your IRA custodian and make a qualified charitable distribution. We will acknowledge your generous gifts as a qualified charitable distribution, which may satisfy your RMD, if applicable.
If would like to learn more about partnering with Moody through an IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions that you have.
Your message has been sent.